Dead chevy please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I gota rush off to work, but.....
last night my 94 k1500 Auto 350 tbi lost power going up the mountains and stalled out on me.I let off the gas and it started back up and did the same thing again. seemed to be happening at about 2000 rpm or 2300. i pulled off into a parking lot to check her out. no leaks no sounds no nothing. I started her up and drove in the parking lot in all gears on the shifter and it progressivly stalled out more frequently. i pulled into a parking spot and put into park. idled fine for 10secs and stalled. tried to restart and it cranked fine and wanted to start but would stall when i let off the key.

My guess is fuel pump. please help. got it towed back to my house. its snowing a lot also. FML

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sounds like the fuel pump went out.

Have someone turn the key on with you standing by the tank and see if you can hear the pump turn on.

-Via Mobile-

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I filled it up with 5 gallons of gas and what do ya know it works fine now. I guess lesson learned is not to run it below a 1/4 tank in the mountains.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Flatlanders have it easy...no rotor warping, better gas milage, more hp, less wear and tear, nothing exploding in the cab from the altitude! the list goes on!

So true! I've had a 5 gallon can of glue in the box, on a hot day, end up the shape of a football, going from sea level to 4800 feet. Kinda freaky. Had to spray it with cold water to get the pressure to drop before opening it.