Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchester

Reaction score
Is there anyone that make an aftermarket dash for a 1998 GMC truck. All I can find are the dash covers or occasionally one out of a wrecked vehicle on ebay.
Maybe I'm missing something but I've done a lot of searching and haven't came up with anything.

Thanks,

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No body makes a new dash for our trucks. All you can do, is repair the cracks, or find a better dash at the junk yard. Cover lay does make a nice cap that looks very close to OE. Thing is, you dont want to put that over very large holes with out repairing them first. When you could get a dash, they were over $1000, but nobody makes them any more. I keep repairing mine, and it looks good when I do, but then a few months later, I find little pieces of dash plastic on my floor board. I know the inside of the dash is falling apart too. I keep saying, Im going to build one out of aluminum, but thats a lot of work, and I would need a donner dash to get a proper fit. There is no other way to get all the measurements need to fab a dash. I like the OE look to much to just through some crap looking aluminum garbage up there. If I ever fab one, it will look OE.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im going to build one out of aluminum, but thats a lot of work, and I would need a donner dash to get a proper fit. There is no other way to get all the measurements need to fab a dash. I like the OE look to much to just through some crap looking aluminum garbage up there. If I ever fab one, it will look OE.

If you make it...I'll be willing to be a customer. I agree love the oe look. However would be cool to add storage or even sectioning the dash so when people change the evap they dont have to pull the entire dash out lol. Patent it and I bet you'll have more customers lol

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even if you find a good one at the junkyard it will most likely crack when pulling it or putting it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk