Dash Click (not blend door act) *Video*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIKE BROGDON

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info in advance. I couldn't find posts or threads with a similar issue other than the famous passenger side dash knock from the blend door actuator, but if there is one I missed please link me to it.

I replaced the passenger side blend door actuator last year and it fixed the slow knock from the passenger side of the dash upon startup and shutdown. About a week ago I noticed on a cold startup it is now fast clicking more in the center of the dash and only last for about 5 seconds. I replaced the second blend door actuator yesterday and it is still clicking with no changes. It will still change from vent, to defrost, to floor without any issues. It is strange that if I crank the truck and let it run for a little bit, It wont do it when I restart it right away. However when I let is sit for about 30 minutes and start it up again after this time has past, it starts clicking again. Has anyone had this issue or has any suggestions into where my next step is?

BTW I tried to post the video directly here but it would not let me, So I added it to my youtube account with the link below. Its a short 11 second video. Thanks, Mike.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media