Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Couldn't imagine forking out $15k for ANY truck, lol. Even a brand new one. But then again Ive never owned a new vehicle, and never will.

What do you mean the wrong emblems? Maybe some small detail I am forgetting, but they look just like the factory ones out on my 98.
Some of the factory ones are rectangular (the ones on Rawhide are that way, he was built in Flint) and some have the rounded corners like the one that is pictured. I think GM went to that style fully on the 800s, when all Chevy trucks became Silverados.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldn't imagine forking out $15k for ANY truck, lol. Even a brand new one. But then again Ive never owned a new vehicle, and never will.

What do you mean the wrong emblems? Maybe some small detail I am forgetting, but they look just like the factory ones out on my 98.

every one i have seen have had these rectangle ones. the rounded ones are for gmt800s. LMC doesnt have the rectangle ones just the round ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
every one i have seen have had these rectangle ones. the rounded ones are for gmt800s. LMC doesnt have the rectangle ones just the round ones.
Ohh, I see. Had forgot about that style. Now you're making me wonder whats on my 96/97 donor truck, lol. I thought it was the rounded one too.

My 98 is pretty much half 400, and half 800, but the factory blue paint sporting the rounded ones. I kinda like the rectangle better.

You must be registered for see images attach

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting. Sounds like weve got a mixed bag here. I’ve never seen the round ones in person on a 400 that wasn’t repainted maybe it has to do with year/plant made? What’s also weird is the font is different between the two you would think they would use the same font in all of them.

My 97 has rectangle. My dads 93 he bought new had rectangle.

Thinking about it now the 800s had their model (LS) (LT) (SLT) etc. where our trucks have the Silverado badge.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Interesting. Sounds like weve got a mixed bag here. I’ve never seen the round ones in person on a 400 that wasn’t repainted maybe it has to do with year/plant made? What’s also weird is the font is different between the two you would think they would use the same font in all of them.

My 97 has rectangle. My dads 93 he bought new had rectangle.

Thinking about it now the 800s had their model (LS) (LT) (SLT) etc. where our trucks have the Silverado badge.
Could be a difference, based on what each plant had on hand, when your particular truck went down the line. Rawhide is an early production '97, built in late September '96, so they may have made a running change. 99% sure they're original to the truck, they fell off and one was in the console. I'm going to do something different with that area where the emblems were; I just need to clean the residue off.