Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Haven’t done anything much mechanically lately, but I am still setting funds aside for southern rust free parts. I’ve been just enjoying it for the most part. Should roll over 160,000 miles next week.

We are headed to Silver Lake Sand Dunes to camp for a week on Friday so I spent a few hours cleaning it up tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got up here around 1:30 today. Vacation has started!!

I just missed you, we were up the whole week prior to you being there. One of these days I bet we will run into each other there.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
CASTROPR.....thanks man. It’s been a learning experience for sure so far. A lot of what I’ve done has been mostly mechanical stuff to keep it reliable. I wish I could just throw a ton of money at body panels, but it will have to wait.

Wiscoburban....that sucks I missed you. There were some other nice looking GMT400’s out on the dunes while I was there. We try to go up around the same time every year. Already are booked for next year lol. One of these days I’ll see ya.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Had some free time tonight so I decided to try cleaning the carpet and seats. Used Folex diluted 50/50, a drill brush, & a Bissell spot clean. It’s not perfect, but it looks waaaaay better than it did. The rear seat was barely ever used so I didn’t bother cleaning it. Still have to scrub the seatbelts one of these days too.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Went to a U pull it the other day to grab some stuff for my Tahoe. Grabbed this out of an Escalade for my truck. The more I think about it, the less I like the idea. I figured it would be a nice and subtle change, but then the gauge lights won’t match the stock dash lights and it would drive me nuts. Most likely going to just sell it.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Went to a U pull it the other day to grab some stuff for my Tahoe. Grabbed this out of an Escalade for my truck. The more I think about it, the less I like the idea. I figured it would be a nice and subtle change, but then the gauge lights won’t match the stock dash lights and it would drive me nuts. Most likely going to just sell it.

If it goes up for sale, I'd be interested.