Custom Grille Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bret

Reaction score
I've been feeling like changing up the grille on my Suburban lately, getting tired of the lack of options for lenses and marker lamps for the early GMC grill. I love the open grill of the GMC, but hate the big open space under the marker lights on 96+ ones. Wondering what a chevy grill would look like without the crossbar, I photo-shopped these together (not my truck, found the original on google):
Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

After with Mesh insert:

I'm honestly really liking the way it looks, and planning on getting a junkyard grill at some point and some fiberglass and resin to make this. Was curious what some of the other guys here thought.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LMC Truck sells a "special edition" grille that's basically what you're describing. Not my cup of tea personally, but it retains the headlight spacing of the Chevrolet grille while having the open center like the GMCs. All chrome, though.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=85