Cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My trucks cruise used to work great then suddenly nothing.. What can I do to help diagnose problems no ses light and everything else works good except the hazard switch which never worked anyways

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
First place I would look is the wires that go into the multiswitch from the column. They are notorious to break right there

sent from the...... ferd

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Check fuses first.

As mentioned, multifunction switch is highly likely on earlier trucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never actually had cruise issues but Google brought me here:

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?4640-Cruise-control-is-shot

There's some good info in there about testing the multifunction switch. Other possible causes mentioned are the brake switch behind the pedal, grounds, or the cruise module itself. I also seem to remember someone on here mentioning that if you're having transmission or speed sensor problems it can cause cruise issues.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1995 being first year for the new interior/new column, the wires from the multifunction switch aren't nearly as much an issue as they were with 1994-older. My first suspect on 1995-up is the brake switch.

Richard

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where's that switch cause I tried putting foot under brake pedal n pulling up on it an setting it still nothn