cross over steering question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
exactly. ive driven leaf spring chevys for 30 plus yrs. plus straight axle toyotas, samurais,scouts etc.. never needed a sway bar much less a trak bar. those were for fords. lol .
having the rear shackle inside rather than thru the frame gives it the twist effect .

those examples do not use crossover mounted to a knuckle where a track bar is most commonly needed

Reaction score
thats what i was saying. coil spring jeeps and fords are un driveable without a track /panhard bar . sas chevies are kind of middle of the road in comparison to the factory solid axle designs.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driven/owned/built plenty of leaf sprung vehicles; leaf under and over. any vehicle I have built gets cross over steering, factory OOBS GM steering is a joke off road. Never had a need for a track bar. The exception to the gentleman who posted you need one, none of these vehicles had more than 6" of lift, so I can not speak to the effects of 10+ inches of lift as I prefer not to go that route. I can see his argument, but at that point, huge amounts of lift, large tires, at a minimum I would go Hydro assist (Usually full hydro) and still not need a trac bar.