Creating the perfect '91 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYplumber

Reaction score
Finally found a group of people with good taste. My wife and I love all the GMT400. After our '89 died we bought our '91 which we plan to build into the perfect cruiser. The 5.7 is strong and with only 139k I'm confident we found a great candidate. The trans has a slight slip between 1st and 2nd, but most times it's barely noticeable. Last week the dash lights went out. I know that means to check the taillights, which I did. After changing the 15amp fuse everything is working again, but what caused the fuse to blow? Today I noticed the volt gauge showing a low charge. After my daily 30 mile ride home I went to the bank and the truck struggled to start. The only thing different today was plugging in my phone charger at the cig lighter. Any suggestions on where to start so we can dig out this electrical problem before it gets any worse?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally found a group of people with good taste. My wife and I love all the GMT400. After our '89 died we bought our '91 which we plan to build into the perfect cruiser. The 5.7 is strong and with only 139k I'm confident we found a great candidate. The trans has a slight slip between 1st and 2nd, but most times it's barely noticeable. Last week the dash lights went out. I know that means to check the taillights, which I did. After changing the 15amp fuse everything is working again, but what caused the fuse to blow? Today I noticed the volt gauge showing a low charge. After my daily 30 mile ride home I went to the bank and the truck struggled to start. The only thing different today was plugging in my phone charger at the cig lighter. Any suggestions on where to start so we can dig out this electrical problem before it gets any worse?
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
You will probably get more responses if you post your question in the electrical forum.
And don't forget to send pics of your ride. Nice that you keep getting gmt400s, best trucks ever!