Crash’s C2500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck! You got a great deal! I love seeing these trucks getting fixed up and getting used to do some work. Most issues are small. They are reliable and easy to work on, and parts are still abundant.

Are you going to spray the parts red to match the rest? Maybe an economical single stage just so that it looks all the same color? But if it's just for the property, who cares, right?

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to find a bed that was in decent shape. I actually rattle caned a truck a few years back that didnt look horrible. i REALLY like this grey metallic tho. I cant decide what color i want. my DD is grey metallic also.
Ill probably ask my boys what color they want it to be, so it maybe "The Flash red" or "Batmobile color"

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wishing the storm would go away. Been raining since Sunday. I am glad I got my tree cut and moved before the rain came.

You must be registered for see images attach
I hear you on the storm! I'm in Houston, close to the Astrodome, and it's been raining steadily since yesterday afternoon. Mom and I were out in it till 10:30 last night, getting most of "today's " work done in addition to what's on the schedule for Monday. Just had a bit where it stopped long enough to get out of the trailer and run across the street to get some things out of the Burb. Right after I got back inside, it started up again, and harder. That Suburban should be well rinsed off by the time this is over with LOL

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear you on the storm! I'm in Houston, close to the Astrodome, and it's been raining steadily since yesterday afternoon. Mom and I were out in it till 10:30 last night, getting most of "today's " work done in addition to what's on the schedule for Monday. Just had a bit where it stopped long enough to get out of the trailer and run across the street to get some things out of the Burb. Right after I got back inside, it started up again, and harder. That Suburban should be well rinsed off by the time this is over with LOL
I’m north of Huntsville, and the only plus of this storm is my pond is filling up.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I have the C6P code for the two piece driveshaft, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be mounted like this. Any suggestions or ideas?

That's some Redneck engineering my friend!

Pretty sure the C6P was like a "heavy 3/4" option. What's your GVWR? If it's 9,200 lbs, then it's the same as a single rear wheel 3500. So that code isn't related to 2 piece driveshaft.

I thought the regular cab trucks had a one-piece driveshaft? Not completely positive on that though. Maybe some swapped a 2 piece in it's place? Perhaps from an extended cab short bed?

Last edited: