Crash’s C2500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I got a new-ish truck. After the divorce and getting a gas saving DD, I needed something to tinker on, something to haul the crap of the new property, and everyone NEEDS a truck.
So a buddy of mine had a 98 C2500 regular cab. Had the 350 with a 5 speed, 3.73 gears. $700. Bed was beat up, needed a starter he said.

You must be registered for see images attach

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the truck home and washed all the filth off of it to see what I had. Found that the top of the dash was obliterated and tape was holding on the bezel. Aftermarket tails were horrible. Home sprayed front grille is peeling and grille is cracked. Bed is all but destroyed.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After being washed I took the battery out for testing. Was dead , so I bought a battery and starter, and new battery bolts. PO had put top post terminals on it and had the charging posts in the battery. I converted it back to original wiring. another thing the PO did was try to make a cold air intake out of different kits. I will be finding a stock replacement soon.
I also cut the horrible side exit exhaust tips off.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once I got it fired up, ran a check on everything that doesn’t work. So far, the door switch for the dome lights is unplugged, the hazard switch isn’t working and the door handles to the truck are close to breaking off in your hand. I dare not lock it after trying to unlock it for over 30 minutes the other day.
the exterior lights are dim. Tails and head lights. But I found original tails in the tool box.
PO actually has a parts truck that will be at my house soon.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts truck came today! Going to be taking the hood, left front fender, tailgate, tail lights, bumper, receiver hitch, air intake, seats, and multifunction switch. The G80 rear end is going to a buddies 75 he just got.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, my boys and I washed the parts truck to see what body parts would be good. Hood cleaned up excellent! The doors are nice too, I’ll have to convert to power windows/locks tho. I took the bent rear bumper off and swapped the tailgate over.
I swapped the factory air intake piping over and the truck fell flat on its face, so I swapped the “cold” air intake back on. I’ll investigate that more tomorrow when I put the chrome bumper on the rear.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to take off the tow mirrors and put them and the doors on the classified section any one near Madisonville to needing manual doors or tow mirrors hit me up lol