Cowl hood clear coat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Well alright then.

On another note. I might paint every panel of my truck a different color and put a metallic clear coat on all of them. It'll be like a big ol' box o crayons.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy a good clear coat that's what they did when they painted the fade job when my truck was new back in 93 and it has lasted long now where they didn't paint and use a better clear coat then GM factory it's messing up like on my hood and roof. Im going to buy the kit to insulate my hood before I install my cowl im also going to run it black till I save enough coins to get it painted along with my grill and roof.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told to make mine last until I painted it to clear coat over it.

It aint gonna last years and years like a paint job, but it may get you by a year or so. The thickness of the e coat aint gonna matter much when clear coat is laid over it. The clear will then take the abuse. I bet it aint gonna look great cleared over e coat but it'd work and protect the hood longer then e coat. I just wouldn't use it as a permanent fix. Plus for all you DIY guys it's a chance to learn. I got some linco base plus it's only $50 a quart, reg black would be even cheaper and a quart goes a good ways in base, you could buy a pint or so. Then they got some good clear they say high tech 2k clear high solids, around $40 a gallon and 25 for it's hardner, only 10 a thing for the base coat reducer, so it'd be under a hundred bucks, if you have a gun and compressor.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
you will have to paint Paul Id also go ahead and scuff with a red scothbright before painting it.