Couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the guy from TBI chip's, I would go for it it and keep it TBI, but that's just me!

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think thats what im going to do. It will still run fine with just a head swao first so i can slowly swap it out over time. Its basically the same build as someone else did there making about 280hp and almost 400ftlbs thats not to bad for a tbi plus there getting almost 20 mpgs.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
You don't need any of that if you are keeping the stock TBI. Stock pump, reg and tune will work. Putting Vortecs on doesn't increase fuel consumption.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't need any of that if you are keeping the stock TBI. Stock pump, reg and tune will work. Putting Vortecs on doesn't increase fuel consumption.

Thats what I thought as well. But the tbi chips guys says that the heads need more fuel and without changing the pumo and regulator it will lean the motor out to much resulting in a motor loss.... I think im just gonna put them on and up the fuel pressure a bit.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
The TBI ECM adjusts the injector PWM if the O2 sensor reads constant lean. Again, though, Just changing to Vortec heads and nothing else does not require more fuel. A Vortec head is a lean burn style, if anything you won't need as much fuel. Maybe the guy is thinking that you are going to change over to MPFI or something.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The TBI ECM adjusts the injector PWM if the O2 sensor reads constant lean. Again, though, Just changing to Vortec heads and nothing else does not require more fuel. A Vortec head is a lean burn style, if anything you won't need as much fuel. Maybe the guy is thinking that you are going to change over to MPFI or something.

I have no idea. Part of me is thinking he wants to just wants me to buy his custom chip, fuel pump and regulator. I mean ive read about swaps like this for sometime now and ive never herd of ppl needing more fuel. But I dont know...