Couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up a nearly brand new set of 062 vortec heads. Im gonna throw them on my 350. I know i need an intake but whats the deal with the egr? We dont need emmisions here in Maine so can i just disconnect it and call it good or will it cost me horsepower and fuel mileage? Also will my headers that i have now work on the vortec heads?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can delete the egr and have a custom chip burned and have the egr function turned off, plus you can buy a carb'd vortec intake and use a TBI adapter and save money!

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can delete the egr and have a custom chip burned and have the egr function turned off, plus you can buy a carb'd vortec intake and use a TBI adapter and save money!

Thats what i needed! Will it hurt anything if i leave the egr alone and dont have it tuned out?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you drive on the interstate all the time you might loose a tiny bit of MPG but it won't be much.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you drive on the interstate all the time you might loose a tiny bit of MPG but it won't be much.

Only on the interstate? I drive on the interstate maybe twice a year so im not to worried about that.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the egr really only work's at highway speed's, so yeah I think you would be fine.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy from tbi chips i saying i need a new fuel pump fule pressure regulator and a custom chip just to run these heads.. any truth to this? Everything else ive read says you can put them on and adjust the fuel pressure a little bit. If I have to go threw that much work and money I might as well put a carb on it and save a few hundred bucks.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i ran the 062 heads on a 383 i built up about several years ago, but i had a 750 carb on it. ran alittle rich if i recall, but other than that i had no issue.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, you probably need a reg and pump. But they are pretty cheap. I'll have a regulator for sale here in a month or so when I get back.