Corona Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrowdy

Reaction score
Alright guys, with the corona pandemic going on ive got some time to start a new project. At 140k miles, My 99 classic k1500 is due for an overhaul. Had this truck since I was 18. So it’s been rode hard and repairs gone undone. I’m 26 now and it’s in need of some repairs everywhere. So I figured if I’m dropping some money in it I might as well do
It right. And build it to what I like. Essentially I want this truck to drive and operate like brand new. But look even better. Here are some pictures of before I started the revamp.

You must be registered for see images attach

This time last year, about 100 (20 lb) landscaping blocks in the bed. Hahaha almost pulled the front tires off the ground. Damn near took out my mailbox turning in to my drive way.

Last edited:

Jrowdy

Reaction score
Some more pictures of before.Did put a new driver side door handle on it last week. Hence tape holding window up. And also checking out my buddy’s 2014 stock 18s on it. Might put those wheels on it in the end.

Last edited:

Jrowdy

Reaction score
So my goal is to repair/upgrade everything on the truck. Every button, light, lever, and latch will work accordingly. Anything and everything Under the hood thats do. Also would like to lift the truck up a little bit. Have a set of 20” fuel Mavericks on 275s that were given to me. I’d like to utilize. And maybe a new paint job.

Last edited:

Jrowdy

Reaction score
So here’s where Im at.

Since day 1 the brakes have always been spongy and soft. Even after replacing everything. So after a little investigating found a pretty rusty brake line to the rear that I’m pretty sure had a hole in it. I figured I’d take the bed off to have easier access.

Took the bed off and discovered surface rust on the frame and the rear end getting pretty rusty. Gotta get that painted before I put new brake lines on. Sanded that down and 3 coats of rust reform. $120 brake line kit installed.

Might as well do everything with the bed off. Ordered new fuel pump. And looking into new shocks. Any ideas would be nice.

Tuned in to the axle and brake threads, looking for upgrades to the rear end. And a 14 bolt sf w/ g80 swap is the way to go. Big upgrade over my 10 bolt open differential. Bigger brakes too!
Found one for $500 I’m going to pick up tomorrow so Ive started the rear end tear out. Probably should have done that before the paint .

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/what-to-do-with-rear-end.48871/
(Very informative thread on rear end swap)

Last edited:

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love when trucks get rebuilt and run like new again. One day I would like to do mine as well get all the rust off and all the worn parts replaced with new ones.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Oh my lanta. In alot better condition than my namesake and your trucks twin

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh my lanta. In alot better condition than my namesake and your trucks twin

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

You should probably stay away from the Sep-Oct 2018 area of my K1500's build thread.