Convenience Center Died: 1992 GMC Yukon SLE 5.7 etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi,
The (In)Convenience Center (All the blower, heater, AC controls etc) panel on my 92 Yukon was intermittent (went dark ,no buttons worked) a few times over a few months. Now it's 100% dead for a month+.

Any ideas or suggestions?? Anyone heard of this problem? I do have a diagram but not sure which one applies.. I THINK I checked the right fuse(s)

Winter's coming and I'm getting desperate!

Thanks...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmmm, there's a power connection to it that can give trouble; not very common but it does happen. Look in the area around the passenger side of the dashboard near the firewall for, IIRC, a 2 wire connection - red and black - might be cooked. Might be 3 wires, can't remember, man it is so rarely troublesome that I've forgotten.

Richard

TerryKing

Reaction score
Thanks Richard, I'm digging! Terry

Found It!!

Bad wire at connector behind glove box.. Red wires, 1 larger through connector, 1 smaller that was corroded and burned.

Photos to follow (Click for larger):
You must be registered for see images attach

The Bad wire.. in 6-pin connector.

Wires cut away from connector. Removed bad section, stripped. Added 4 inch piece of #10 wire, reconnected original wires with crimp connectors.

WORKS!

Thanks Richard. As someone here said, You're Awesome :)

Last edited: