Confused with LED for interior.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i know this has been gone through as i have read 57 pages on led install in clusters, hvac, door panel lights and so on. I am really confused as so many different bulbs are mentioned. Can anyone tell me for sure what and how many bulbs are required to do my complete interior. Mine is a 98 regular cab. I need bulbs for door panel lights, power mirror switch, lock switch and window switches. Also under dash floor lights. Dome lights, hvac, headlight switch, cargo and airbag switch lights. Also how many and what type for instrument cluster. Also advice on company to order from, who has had good luck with. Also can someone tell me what to use as a cubby to replace the factory cd player. I know this has been gone through time and again but reading so much has my mind scrambled. Thanks in advance for any help.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The factory dash cubby that replaces the small CD player is GM part number 15958735. It's about $40 from various places online. The factory one has a felt style lining and is much nicer than the cheap Metra/Scosche aftermarket replacements.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-15958735-Instrument-Compartment/dp/B00GUIO2UU

Two 194s for the door courtesy lights, glove box is a 194, ash tray is a 194 but you'll need a very small single LED for that one. Two more 194s for the under dash lights. The center dome light is a 211-2 and the side reading lights next to it are 42mm rigid loop festoons. I'm no help on the switch and cluster LEDs unfortunately.

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i know this has been gone through as i have read 57 pages on led install in clusters, hvac, door panel lights and so on. I am really confused as so many different bulbs are mentioned. Can anyone tell me for sure what and how many bulbs are required to do my complete interior. Mine is a 98 regular cab. I need bulbs for door panel lights, power mirror switch, lock switch and window switches. Also under dash floor lights. Dome lights, hvac, headlight switch, cargo and airbag switch lights. Also how many and what type for instrument cluster. Also advice on company to order from, who has had good luck with. Also can someone tell me what to use as a cubby to replace the factory cd player. I know this has been gone through time and again but reading so much has my mind scrambled. Thanks in advance for any help.

This article might help:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/interiorLED.html

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank yall very much. Wanna get my interior lights done first and then start on the drop when the weather cools down a bit. Ill post some pics when done. Thanks again