condenser issues! why!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewkimble48

Reaction score
Hey fellow 88-98 guys I am in a bit of a pickle here. I have done a r4 to sanden compressor conversion a while back had the a/c going good until I had a leak from my fitting from my evap core to the drier . well since I am now in dfw and its time to get ready for summer I have just replaced the sanden compressor since it was thrashed from that leak and went ahead to just be safe replace the hose assembly and condenser. well since I was going to replace the condenser I thought might as well spend the money and get a parallel flow condenser. after trying to install it, i go to thread my lines onto the condenser and guess what, the new hoses will not thread onto the condenser! so I double checked to see if the hoses where crap and threaded it onto my old tube & fin condenser and they go on perfectly fine. did some research on the new condenser to find out the inlet and outlet are m20x 1.5mm threads. unfortunately I could not find what the hose fitting threads are for my new hoses.
anyways I'll break down what I did exactly for me a/c.
I got a stock evap core installed along with the drier.
the sanden compressor is part number 4864 and you will also need the vintage air bracket kit for the TBI I brackets.
the hose assembly is from a 91 gmc c1500 in which bolts onto the back of the sanden compressor with no issues
for the condenser I checked for a 91 and 93 gmc c1500 (which mine is a 93)
and it turns out its the same parallel flow condenser for both years!
anyways I want to see if anyone here is running a parallel flow condenser on there 88-98 chevy and know what you guys did to make it happen?
by the way I thought I give you guys the a/c break down for anyone wanting to convert over to a sanden compressor easily. I personally think its a nice compressor over the old r4 ones.
Please help because its about to get hot here! lol

scoob8000

Reaction score
I can't help ya here, but point you in the right direction.

Check out the forums over at autoacforum.com They're part of Arizona mobile air. Someone there for sure will be able to tell you exactly what you need. Or call AMA, their prices are good and very helpful folk.