ColorBond from LMC Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this type "miracle" interior dash paint? Comments, tips, pics? I am about to redo my dash and have already purchased the paint but dont want to screw up the only dash I have.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I used SEM die on my interior. It came out great on all the interior plastics and leather.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Ive used sem color coat and color bond before and sem is a lot better imo . Its the same price , can be bought locally (if you have a paint &body supply store ) and the finish product holds up better than colorbond .

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got the base coat on most of the dash parts, minus one mia piece lingering in my garage's truck parts "stock pile." It seemed like it worked well but doesnt have any shine for being a semi gloss finish stated on the bottle. I am deciding to wait the night as it is almost 2am and I have work in 3 hours and make sure everything cures nice and good before i attempt at puting nice light layers of ColorBond clear coat on aswell to give it that pop and extra protection. I gave everything 3 good coats of the dark grey and will do the same for the clear. IMO it wasnt quite what they claim and the instructions were very vauge and there isnt many posts or yourtube vids about the product which is weary. So far i have used little less then two cans of the color and only have a few interior pieces left to do. I took a bunch of pics of the pieces resting where I had painted them aswell as resting ontop of one another "assembled" looking to get an idea of the grand scheme. Also i tore apart the odometer to reset it back to zero...needless to say it was a big B**** and i still managed to set it only to 999999.1 miles because of a misjudgement of where the notches on the gears would be in place...hope it works and i didnt manage to screw it up so it doesnt work at all..pics will be up tomarrow at somepoint after i get out of work.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you give me a better clarification then "holds up better"? and possibly include a good picture or two to illustrate what exactly you meant

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
forget that over priced crap, use sem it's cheaper or better yet use duplicolor or krylon fusion on plastics. I use it all the time and love it.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before clear coat
You must be registered for see images attach

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
can you give me a better clarification then "holds up better"? and possibly include a good picture or two to illustrate what exactly you meant

What do you think I meant? I mean its more durable. The door panels I used colorbond on always chipped and flaked off(I prepped it just it say on the can) and when I used sem its nver chipped of flaked .