CODE PO748 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fceja818

Reaction score
I have a 1997 c1500 4.3 4L60E automatic Transmission with an Intermittent PO748.
Transmission rebuilt 2 years no issues till a month ago..

My symptoms are

Intermittent 1-2Harsh Shift at 1st it did ones in a while. I noticed it jerked on the 1st and 2nd shift on driving out of the parking a lot then I parked it and waited a few hours and it was gone on driving then a few weeks ago.i noticed it did it straight for a few weeks with no check engine light on but after that I scan the pick up and It did have the PO748 and 1870 Codes? But still no check engine light on.
I did throw parts at it replaced both Shift Solenoids A and B with the 3-2 and the Pwd not exactly sure on the name but that solenoid too.

I did upgrade the 1-2 accumulator to the sonnax pinless piston. No change in the symptoms it goes by shifting normal to the 1 - 2 hard shifts.

How do I go by diagnosing this without throwing in more parts blindly. If I can't figure it out then I have to find a transmission shop.and take it in. I'm not a mechanic but I'm very mechanically inclined.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-185242_BlueDriver.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327-185242_BlueDriver.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 3

fceja818

Reaction score
I have a 1997 c1500 4.3 4L60E automatic Transmission with an Intermittent PO748.
Transmission rebuilt 2 years no issues till a month ago..

My symptoms are

Intermittent 1-2Harsh Shift at 1st it did ones in a while. I noticed it jerked on the 1st and 2nd shift on driving out of the parking a lot then I parked it and waited a few hours and it was gone on driving then a few weeks ago.i noticed it did it straight for a few weeks with no check engine light on but after that I scan the pick up and It did have the PO748 and 1870 Codes? But still no check engine light on.
I did throw parts at it replaced both Shift Solenoids A and B with the 3-2 and the Pwd not exactly sure on the name but that solenoid too.

I did upgrade the 1-2 accumulator to the sonnax pinless piston. No change in the symptoms it goes by shifting normal to the 1 - 2 hard shifts.

How do I go by diagnosing this without throwing in more parts blindly. If I can't figure it out then I have to find a transmission shop.and take it in. I'm not a mechanic but I'm very mechanically inclined.
I did erase the codes and the only one that returns on and off is the PO748

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The GM service manual will have the diagnostic procedure for each code. The manuals can be downloaded at this link, see post #92 for year 1997:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, that's a P ZERO 748, not a P OH 748.

P0748 not PO748.

As said, the service manual will have the complete diagnostic procedure.

fceja818

Reaction score
For the record, that's a P ZERO 748, not a P OH 748.

P0748 not PO748.

As said, the service manual will have the complete diagnostic procedure.
Yes I know it's a 0 not o it was late at night and I type it fast