Code and axle identifiers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblu78

Reaction score
First off, this is a great forum and you guys have shared a lot of great info. With that said, I have a couple questions. I have a 94 F/S Blazer 4x4 with 350 and a 5 spd. The rear end has finally gone out and I need to identify it. I have checked the codes in the glove box but they are no longer identifiable. With that said, here are my questions:

1. Is the axle ratio stamped on the ring gear?

2. How can I go about finding and replacing the code sticker in the glove box?

3. I also have a 94 GMC 2500 4x4 8 lug but it is the 7xxx gvwr not the 8xxx gvwr that I am currently performing a SAS swap on. Can all of the front IFS and rear axle be swapped to my Blazer? I can fab about anything but just wonder if it would be a simple bolt in swap.

Thanks in advance for you time guys.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
1. Yes it is. Should be at least.

2. You can use your VIN to look up RPO codes here: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

3. If it's got an 8 lug then it will only fit on an 8 lug vehicle. The 6 lug vehicles have different mounting brackets for the front diff.

bigblu78

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Its kind of a let down that I can't swap the 8 lug system into this thing. I guess the question now, anyone have a 6 lug rearend with 3.42's for sale? LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975