Code 43...NOOOOO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
when u replaced your grounds,,,MAKE SURE,,,you are on,,, BARE,,,CLEAN METAL,,,NO GREASE,,NO PAINT,,MUST BE SPOTLESS,,,went thru this on a late model camaro,,,hope this helps,,,

Reaction score
Funny enough, it just started doing the random "click" when I go to start it, turn the key back off then on and she fires right up. At this point I'm definitely thinking bad grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
ECM grounds at the thermostat housing bolt? That's where they're at on the '94 we have.

Reaction score
It's fixed! Alt finally took a crap, replaced it and now no more code 43! The low voltage from the dying alt was tweaking the computer out.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Alternators can cause a lot of oddball problems due to drops in voltages to modules, I usually load test batteries the old school way with the snap on VAT and perform charging system test with GR8 before any electrical diagnosis.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I needed the truck from 8am to 10pm for the past two weeks (moving) and didn't have time to bring it into my dad's shop to check her out. Oops!