Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like trim, as it often makes the vehicle look more complete. I think deleting it gives a "quick paint and too lazy to put it back look", to me. The exception would be if it was quite damaged/missing, or maybe just ugly/not-done-well to begin with.

Mini-rant/un-popular-opinion warning:
I'm definitely not a remove all emblem/trim and hide the brand guy. I see cars (I'm not as familiar with cars) that have been "debadged", and I have no idea what they are. That doesn't make me think "Ohh exotic". It makes me think, something more like, "oh look, a generic car/appliance", and then when it's treated (wheels/body-kit/whatever) like it's something special, it looks like someone bought a new toaster from walmart, waxed it, put a custom cord on it, and took it too a toaster and blender show.
I have been leaning toward side trim and the fender badges. I’m planning to install a 73-74 Chevy grille with bowtie but I’m going for a race truck look and I’m installing a roll pan so I don’t know if all that works together and looks good
You must be registered for see images attach

The first truck is glorious imho. I want my ‘94 to have a similar stance and look. I think black paint can pull off the “no trim” look a little better in my eyes. It looks intimidating when done correctly.
those are both the Targa Truck. It’s a road race truck I have been reading about. I first wanted to cut my trucks down to short beds until I found this.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the last new part before I can start on the Sonoma.
Hauled the project I sold my cousin.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally did an upgrade I’ve wanted for years. I installed led flood lights under the tommy lift and wired them to the reverse wire in the trailer light harness.
We also started installing an on board air compressor setup.
This will be so much better for airing up tires then the cigarette lighter pos I have been using. It seems I never have a shortage of flat tires around here. Don’t worry I won’t have it pressured up when I’m in the truck, it is just for stationary use, I’m wiring in a relay with a toggle switch so I can kill power when I’m done. I decided on in the cab to keep it dry and cool.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally brought my 97 Yukon home. Still not sure what to do with this one.
I decided to replace the bumper I restored with a roll pan on the 79’.
This should give me the look I want.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got to mess with my Yukon. It has a clicking noise when I crank it and it don’t start “I think someone stole a sensor or something from the motor. Dad thinks I have a starter problem and I think it’s a flex plate problem.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to get much work done on my trucks this week but I did get my 79’ ready to swap the roll pan on.
Kinda sucks I have to do some trimming for the license plate box to clear.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it finally stopped raining so I went and got the core support for the Sonoma and painted it.
I was parked next to this at the salvage yard.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally made some progress on my Sonoma this weekend.
The bumper brackets are straight now.
We got the core support changed and my new headlights and hood on.
Next we will repaint the hood grille and bumper cover. After that the bed damage will be straightened. The dent has been in the bed since I was in middle school years ago . This truck sat at the edge of town till last year when someone stopped short in front of the po.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove the Sonoma last night around the block. This thing is a great little truck. It feels strange being in something other than a gmt400, gmt800, or a square body but it should be good on gas.