Clutch bleeder screw!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigCountry434

Reaction score
So I just done a five speed swap in my 95 GMC sierra K 1500 and my question is, how do I believe the slave cylinder? I don’t see a bleeder screw and the only screw I do see is an Allen head screw. Could that possibly be it?? Any and all help is appreciated.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The above article states that the procedure won't work well on the type of hydraulic system that these trucks use. The later external slave setups are usually pre-bled at the factory and installed as an assembly. There is a way to reverse bleed I think but it is tedious.

BigCountry434

Reaction score
Preciate the advice guys. I found the bleeder screw. Now my problem is when I put the truck in first gear and let off the clutch trucks not moving. After bleeding the system earlier this morning “before work” as I pressed the clutch pedal down I couldn’t really feel any pressure on the pressure plate, went out a few hours ago bleeding it again finally felt a little pressure but still not moving. Should I continue bleeding or could this be a result of bad slave cylinder. Everything was used off a running driving rusted out truck.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I just nv4500 swapped my 98 k1500, I used a 95 transmission with the external slave. This is the method I used with great results:

Remove the slave cylinder from the transmission.

Reinstall the plastic retainer onto the slave cylinder.

Fill the master. Tap the side of the master with a small hammer or screwdriver, it will start forcing air out of the system, refill as necessary.

Once all bubbles are gone, have a helper go under the truck and actuate the slave in and out. More air will come out of the system, again refill as necessary. Once all bubbles are gone the system is bled. Install the slave and you're good to go.

No messing with a finicky bleeder and quicker too!

BigCountry434

Reaction score
I just nv4500 swapped my 98 k1500, I used a 95 transmission with the external slave. This is the method I used with great results:

Fill the master. Tap the side of the master with a small hammer or screwdriver, it will start forcing air out of the system, refill as necessary.

Once all bubbles are gone, have a helper go under the truck and actuate the slave in and out. More air will come out of the system, again refill as necessary. Once all bubbles are gone the system is bled. Install the slave and you're good to go.

Will try this tomorrow and let you know the results!!!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my problem is when I put the truck in first gear and let off the clutch trucks not moving.
That's not a bleeding problem. That's a "something's broken" problem.

If you couldn't get the truck into first gear with the engine running (gear clash) I'd say you maybe have a bleeding problem. If the trans is in first gear, and the truck won't move...something else is wrong. Transfer case in Neutral???

BigCountry434

Reaction score

That's not a bleeding problem. That's a "something's broken" problem.

If you couldn't get the truck into first gear with the engine running (gear clash) I'd say you maybe have a bleeding problem. If the trans is in first gear, and the truck won't move...something else is wrong. Transfer case in Neutral???
I’m thinking it’s the clutch pressure plate. I’ve got good clutch pedal when pushed. The guy that was supposed to put a new clutch in it didn’t (best friends for years stole the new kit) and put the old one back in.‍♂️♂️♂️

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I’m thinking it’s the clutch pressure plate. I’ve got good clutch pedal when pushed. The guy that was supposed to put a new clutch in it didn’t (best friends for years stole the new kit) and put the old one back in.‍♂️♂️♂️
Ahh. Had a few drinks before posting the bleeding steps and completely glossed over your second post