Clock spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super_chevy

Reaction score
Rookie mistake of course… Had my steering shaft disconnected while installing an extension on a hot day. So I turned the key to roll down the windows and my wheel rocketed around in circles breaking the clock spring. Has anyone figured out a way to fix it or know where to get one because the dont manufacture them anymore from what I understand.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rookie mistake of course… Had my steering shaft disconnected while installing an extension on a hot day. So I turned the key to roll down the windows and my wheel rocketed around in circles breaking the clock spring. Has anyone figured out a way to fix it or know where to get one because the dont manufacture them anymore from what I understand.

Call chevy dealers to see if theres any on any shelves. 2 junk yard. I had a similar mistake but different scenario. I had to cut off my original steering wheel because the original one was frozen on the column. I barely scrapped the clock spring and called around to try and find one but ended up keeping the original since technically nothing was wrong with it besides the scrap