Cleared + Painted my needles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Im quite proud of it. It was a PITA to get them just how they were before i took them off. Tach is still about 300rpm off. Speedo was about -10mph but i got that fixed today. Fuel gauge was the scariest, but i think i got it perfect (havent put gas in, its near empty but hasnt died yet). Thanks to the guys here on GMT400 for the simple tutorials and tips. Pics below.

Before, ugly yellow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cleared comparison.

Painted red to match interior, oil pressure looks white but its just a reflection.

Night shot.

They will hopefully be brighter when i install the LEDs in the dash.

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome, I ordered my LED's and waiting on them now. What did you use to clear them and what did you use to re-paint. Thanks

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Looks awesome, I ordered my LED's and waiting on them now. What did you use to clear them and what did you use to re-paint. Thanks
I used 50% rubbing alcohol and 1200 grit sandpaper (i think). Took about an hour to do all needles fully. Just keep the needle wet with the alcohol and sand the **** out of it, then sprayed the backs with red spray-paint. Did two coats on the bigger needles since the first dried unevenly.

Looks good! Whats the rest of the interior look like? I'm curious after you said red to match.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5152-New-member. Sixth picture down. Its actually Maroon/Dark red. Sorry for confusion.

Looks great, quite an improvement!
Thanks!

942drblazer

Reaction score
Looks great.. do you know what bulb type i need to put the LED's in my 94?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait are you saying that you can actually change the speedometer reading? Since I did tires/gears my speedometer reads exactly 10mph above what I'm actually doing so it says 50 but I'm really doing 40 so do is it possible to get it up to 40 using the speedometer on my phone and placing the needle and it would fix it??? Seems sketchy but could be worth a try if I could get somewhere open...:hmm:

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait are you saying that you can actually change the speedometer reading? Since I did tires/gears my speedometer reads exactly 10mph above what I'm actually doing so it says 50 but I'm really doing 40 so do is it possible to get it up to 40 using the speedometer on my phone and placing the needle and it would fix it??? Seems sketchy but could be worth a try if I could get somewhere open...:hmm:

Bigger tires are going to change your speedometer and odometer by a percentage. Slower you go, the closer your indicated speed and mileage is to actual. The faster you go the further off it is. So, just moving the speedo needle won't help you. You gotta get your computer recalibrated for your gears/tires.