Clearcoat said goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Mine just did this EXACT Same thing one day it was perfect next day it was destroyed

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me , rained here for about 4 days straight and my clearcoat was flying off down the road, I just painted my roof of my truck today to start on the restore

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did gm just have a flawed paint process or use crappy products? My truck looks awesome from 5 feet but get up closer and there are crows feet everywhere on every panel.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did gm just have a flawed paint process or use crappy products? My truck looks awesome from 5 feet but get up closer and there are crows feet everywhere on every panel.

I think it depends heavily on how the truck was stored throughout its life. My Suburban lived over half of it's time so far being parked outside and it's got some major paint issues. My truck however has been parked in a garage since day one and the factory paint on it looks amazing.