Cleaning trailer hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a trailer hitch on my truck mostly for if someone was to rear end me it would save my bumper a lil (no laws in CT about leaving a hitch in if its not in use) well the ball and the pin that lock it in are a lil dirty/rusty, what would clean it up some chrome cleaner then polish?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Food for thought: I'd rather replace the bumper instead of transferring that impact force directly to the frame.

If the ball is rusty that means the chrome is compromised. Some polish (autosol, etc) or SOS pads will clean it up but it will return pretty quickly.

:(

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Food for thought: I'd rather replace the bumper instead of transferring that impact force directly to the frame.

If the ball is rusty that means the chrome is compromised. Some polish (autosol, etc) or SOS pads will clean it up but it will return pretty quickly.

:(

I'll take a pic of the hitch, haven't towed with this one so theres no marks on the hitch just all on the surface

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2