Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well it put some more fluid on the ground last ht after parking it after a 10 mile interstate drive back to the house, not much. Then toht we drove it to dinner and back (2-3 miles each way), and when I got back I parked it on level ground and let it sit in each gear for a little bit then put it in park and checked the fluid, it was halfway on the hot level, which IMO it shouldn't have been too hot, it had been running maybe 5 minutes. Then I parked it and turned it off and got up under it and it actually looked pretty dry. You could see there had been some fluid, but there were no drops forming on the pan or anything like there was last ht. I also noticed that there was a sheen almost everywhere, both sides, going way back. Tells me it was puking while driving last ht, which would make sense. So I'm still hopeful it was just overfilled. I'll drive it again tomorrow or Sunday and check it again and if it got too much in it by my measure then I'll pull a little out. It shifted fine toht. I must say I am soooo happy my engine problems are over haha! I'm regaining trust in the truck.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man Chris! Yoru truck is just plain awesome now! it was nice since day one, but it is just plain awesome! i want it :D

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it put some more fluid on the ground last ht after parking it after a 10 mile interstate drive back to the house, not much. Then toht we drove it to dinner and back (2-3 miles each way), and when I got back I parked it on level ground and let it sit in each gear for a little bit then put it in park and checked the fluid, it was halfway on the hot level, which IMO it shouldn't have been too hot, it had been running maybe 5 minutes. Then I parked it and turned it off and got up under it and it actually looked pretty dry. You could see there had been some fluid, but there were no drops forming on the pan or anything like there was last ht. I also noticed that there was a sheen almost everywhere, both sides, going way back. Tells me it was puking while driving last ht, which would make sense. So I'm still hopeful it was just overfilled. I'll drive it again tomorrow or Sunday and check it again and if it got too much in it by my measure then I'll pull a little out. It shifted fine toht. I must say I am soooo happy my engine problems are over haha! I'm regaining trust in the truck.

Your new sig pic look's great!

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering coming to B'ham to have a look in person and get some measurements.. i might build one similar but also a little different.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got the winch wired up, probably the easiest thing I've ever done that I thought was going to be complicated. Works awesome!

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
And yeah you can see where I siliconed the solenoid box for extra water protection, function over fashion there haha

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking killer.

Do the push bars interfere with the light pattern at all?
I can't quite tell how far out they are from the lenses