CHECK OUT THIS cclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm. Tough call. I tend to try and avoid frankenstein projects for the most part because many times people are just selling their problems. I wouldn't touch it personally, not for 7k. It is a large gamble because you can't even drive the damn thing; there could be electrical problems, interoperability issues between the cummins and 4l80e, the truck could have terrible street manners among other things.

You realize that the way this deal is rigged up you can't drive it until after you hand over the cash and get the trans fixed. He can lie to you and tell you how good it rides and how reliable it is blah blah blah but this is a stranger and you should assume that everything he says is total BS. You won't even know what other layers of problems there are until the truck is driveable.

You should consider that you would probably need a totally new or remanufactured trans out of the chute. All forward gears gone isn't a good sign. Don't forget that you pretty much need to replace the trans lines and cooler too.I love the idea of the truck and if it was properly executed it could be badass. If it was hacked together, you will have an uphill battle.

If you choose to proceed, just be prepared at minimum to plan for a reman'd trans and I would have every mechanic you know put eyes on it that I could to mitigate risk. Personally, I would walk because for me the risk is too high.

I would tell him to replace the transmission and if you can test drive it and it drives good then you will buy it for more. If I were him, I would find a way to get the trans rebuilt or replaced so I could charge more.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id tell him Ill give him $8k with a rebuilt tranny just so I could drive it. That way, youll know if it drives and have a rebuilt tranny. Id be really scared of something like this as well, its really lifted and has a motor that wasnt intended to be in there....Id be afraid, especially if youre looking for something to DD.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol dangit guys yall talk me out of every lift CC that i want haha... oh well on to the next one.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldnt be looking for lifted ones man, you never know what the previous ass clown did. Id look for a nice stock one and do the work yourself if you really want to own a lifted truck.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do want. but :word: on buying other peoples projects unless you check it over with a magnifying glass and such...

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well ill see if i can get a link for you but a dealer in a town next to me but in indiana has a 2000, 6in super lift, and 3in body with 37's, cclb classic, 454 and all but its been repainted, little rust starting it looks like, but its a pretty nice truck so ill get the link if you want. oh i think they want lik 10 for it though

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me, lifted is ok. A SAS might even be ok. I have to be able to drive it though, regardless.