CD Player to Storage Cubby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
and if you dont want to go thru hassle of soldering and resistors and such.... buy em prewired ;) http://www.oznium.com/leds
i love these right here... they aint cheap BUT they are bright as hell and the flood spreads out great! i got one or two of them in white and eventually i will get more and slap them inside my bed under the bed rails. ive also thought about getting a few in red or blue to put under my truck for a underbody glow.
i also love there flex strips. http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips
i use oznium for all my custom led projects. and for any stock replacement bulbs i buy from superbrightleds http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...on=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-xHP15-T.htm
i got those HP5 in my gauges.

hell for a easy pocket glow buy one of the flexstrips 4.7 inches for alitle OR go brighter and get the 9.5inch long strip and just put the flexstrip ontop of the pocket and with a marker trace the leds where ya want them positioned and just drill holes for each led to shine thru and just glue the strip onto the top of the pocket hidden from sight. real easy!
these flexstrips are real nice. i used them on the front and back of my old civic with the 6ft length.
You must be registered for see images attach

the camera really made them look bright and almost white. but it was bright green :D
i used the cold cathodes down the sides and those are not water proof so they didnt last to long even with me trying to seal them with silicone.LOL wish i could trade my green 6ft strips for blue. green i just dont think will work good with a tan truck.LOL

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
well the backup camera arent to much something like 150bucks for the camera that was is a BOYO but ive seen alot of bad reviews. but mine well worked great for just over a year. and i believe it only stopped working from my fault pulling on the wire alittle to hard. i think it broke a wire internaly. hopefully i can find the break in the wire but it wont be easy to find thats for dam sure! i think i know about where it could have broke but chances of me actually fixing it are slim im sure. but hell eventually ill try at least! worst case for me is to just buy a alpine backup camera.
the most expensive part about mine is the radio screen. that alone was just under 1Kbucks for the headunit.

as to the switches you dont wanna buy them new from gm.lol but you can find em used. ;) i got 2 of them with pigtails but i want 40bucks a switch.

$40 a switch...probably way cheaper than GM. lol. I'll think on it, I might if I ever rewire that switch to actually be Fog lighs instead of my Aux. Work lights. I'd rather pay that to a fellow GMT400 Member over someone on eBay or GM.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
$40 a switch...probably way cheaper than GM. lol. I'll think on it, I might if I ever rewire that switch to actually be Fog lighs instead of my Aux. Work lights. I'd rather pay that to a fellow GMT400 Member over someone on eBay or GM.

Better not think about it too long. Those factory fog switches are like hen's teeth. Pretty hard to find. At least around these parts. And I've only ever seen a few offered up fo sale here on the forum. Just for the rarity alone, $40.00 is a decent price.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
;) and im thinking of keeping the 2nd one already. and just put in 2 fog light switches. they are pretty hard to find! ive been going to my cheap junkyard for a very long time and ive snagged up 3 or 4 of them ever since they started cash for clunkers when ever that was i forget. been awhile.
i figure hell i never turn off my passenger air bag so why not just keep it ON and tuck the switch behind the bezel and slap another fog light switch in there to actually control the fog lights i got.LOL right now i just got them tied into my parking lights.
only other parts i got from those escalades and denalis is the front door switch panels with the wood like print on them without the tweeter holes. i figured they would be pretty cool if i ever decided to do some custom door panels and delete the stock tweeter holes. and just paint them to match the truck. and of course the next week after i bought those that where faded they had another escalade so i bought another set cause they where in better condition.lol escalades and denalis are worth good money for parts for dam sure! if you find one in a cheap junkyard... jack all its goodies! they worth good money for the special parts that are very hard to find in decent shape!