CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The pigtail works great. I removed the fuel filter and it's clean, so I clamped off the return line and it made no change to the truck's performance so I guess I'm dropping the tank.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while. Finally dropped the tank on this pig to do a pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

Would have been sooner but I pushed out 2 freeze plugs so I get to fix that mess and see all the other crap that got wrecked besides the plugs.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My cc dually got taken to home depot today. From day one I've had 4000lbs in the bed. Never got to see how those mods felt on a empty truck. It's faster than a new TRD pro Tacoma at half throttle. Granted it was down hill a bit but it's nice driving her for a real reason.

I hope that motivates you to get her on the road

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My cc dually got taken to home depot today. From day one I've had 4000lbs in the bed. Never got to see how those mods felt on a empty truck. It's faster than a new TRD pro Tacoma at half throttle. Granted it was down hill a bit but it's nice driving her for a real reason.

Not really. My white dually has a Whipple so would skull drag this one. But I do like money so that does motivate me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Not really. My white dually has a Whipple so would skull drag this one. But I do like money so that does motivate me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You cheat cuz you already have a diesel. I did manage to button the tank up today, fuel pressure is up from the 30ish that it was to 48 at idle and mid/high 50s when I crack the gas. The truck it much happier and it fires instantly and doesn't require throttle to keep it running until it stabilizes. Purrs like a kitten now with my old pump from my non flipper dually. Next I went after the dreaded freeze plugs. I went after the "easy" plug first. Dropped the starter, smeared red loctite on the thing, and drove it home. Easier said than done, I had to Kill Bill the damned thing home. Once the plug got past the chamfer in the block it didn't want to move with a 3" stroke of the hammer. I eventually dug my head out of my ass, put an extension onto the socket to get the hammer out of no man's land, and got it where it needed to be. Armed with this, I tackled the "difficult" freeze plug on the driver's side. This one looked to require the motor mount to come out, barf. As I looked more and more, I decided to just yank the knock sensor heat shield and try nailing it in with a 1/2" drive extension. Worked like a damned charm, in out done. So next I started dumping water into the radiator and kinda held my breath. Around the 4 gallon mark, it started leaking. The origin turned out to be the QD in the intake, easy kill. As I dumped more water down its throat, it became clear that the weep hole in the water pump was pissing water at an alarming rate. Another easy kill. As the truck ran, it never seemed to get out of the 120-130 range so I think I may have also wasted the thermostat. Big whoop. Gonna deal with all of that tomorrow and hopefully there is no more damage from that snap freeze with no coolant last year. If so, I can move real quickly on what's left on this thing. No pics cuz I killed my phone. I get to deal with that tomorrow as well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun, cursing, satisfying day.

That about sums it up. Just like today. Water pumps are easy, right? Thank god my hangar neighbor showed up or I'd have been in it for a trip home or to the parts store. The pump I got from Advance didn't come with a plug or a fitting for the heater core. Of course I didn't put that together in my head until I'd already smeared silicone on the pump and put the gaskets on. Luckily his hangar is well armed and he had both on hand. So I got the pump and the QD in and neither leak. Truck still doesn't get over 120 or so eyeballed on the temp gauge, I'll shove a stat in there tomorrow and see what happens. While the truck idles beautifully, when you drive it and give it some gas it gets a little weird. It stunk like rotten eggs after a test drive, so I'm beginning to suspect bad cats. Really hope it's not that. Gonna bring my scanner with me tomorrow to monitor some data and see if anything jumps out at me. Once I fix that, 1 more trip to the pull and pay will pretty well have thing thing done.