CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad these manuals are helping out. Are you planning on making a pigtail to join the two connectors?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Glad these manuals are helping out. Are you planning on making a pigtail to join the two connectors?

No, gonna chop the interior harness and solder in the junkyard pigtail. I could have made it plug and play though as there was a diesel at the yard too. Damn. I like that idea better.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have an issue where the truck fires instantly, idles nice, but shudders and hesitates when you crack the gas to accelerate. I don't remember it being that bad the last time I drove it. I cleaned the MAF and that didn't fix it, unplugged the MAF and that didn't fix it. I'll check fuel pressure next, not sure if plugs and wires are something I should lean toward here? The motor has been sitting a couple of years and I did yank the tank back in the spring that's in it now. Bought it damn near full, **** was it heavy. Gas smelled good though, not that dull waxy smell you get with really old gas.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an issue where the truck fires instantly, idles nice, but shudders and hesitates when you crack the gas to accelerate. I don't remember it being that bad the last time I drove it. I cleaned the MAF and that didn't fix it, unplugged the MAF and that didn't fix it. I'll check fuel pressure next, not sure if plugs and wires are something I should lean toward here? The motor has been sitting a couple of years and I did yank the tank back in the spring that's in it now. Bought it damn near full, **** was it heavy. Gas smelled good though, not that dull waxy smell you get with really old gas.

My first guess would be fuel pressure. Plugs would probably cause a constant miss.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure it is. Idles around 50psi, fuel pressure drops when you shut it down, and when you crack the throttle it plummets down to 20. This is in park with no load. So now the question is it the pump or the regulator? I have a pump from when I swapped the 340 into my other dually.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can clamp the return hose to check if it’s the regulator. Deadhead the system, and the fuel pressure should spike to the maximum output of the pump.

No change = bum pump.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure it is. Idles around 50psi, fuel pressure drops when you shut it down, and when you crack the throttle it plummets down to 20. This is in park with no load. So now the question is it the pump or the regulator? I have a pump from when I swapped the 340 into my other dually.

If it bleeds down quickly, i would probably blame the regulator, but the return line clamping would prove it.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always thought that a faulty check valve in the pump would do that too.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm less worried about the bleed down and more concerned with the lack og volume. I guess I'll check the brand new filter first, see if that somehow got plugged already.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So haven't been able to horse with this thing, but I did make a pigtail to connect the 2 harnesses. Hopefully this fixes the wonky gauge cluster otherwise I'll be begging for more pinouts. No pic cuz my phone sux.