cb antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just picked up a cobra 19 radio. still debating on what to do for antenna set up. i like the look of wilson 500 and the 1000 in the center of the roof but not the price of em. i also thought of a 5' firestik on the left side of rear bumper or mounting it to the cross bar on roof with a mirror mount or could i just drill a hole and screw the stud on. wich would be the best set up. dont need to get like signals from a million miles away just use it when driving around with friends.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
wilsons are good, firestiks are good too. a kicker is what u want, then u can hear and send for miles!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not too worried about sending for miles... just use it for close stuff, im just more in need of mounting pics and which antenna to get. now that i think about it if i mounted to cross bar it woudlnt be in center of truck and id like to get decent range out of it. im looking for either a 4 or 5 foot for the roof or the 5 foot on rear bumper. cant decide which i like. my buddy has a 3ft on his blazer. doesnt look too bad but i likt em bigger. or the blue is one i saw with wilson 1000 looked good.

You must be registered for see images

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put a 10 foot on the rear bumper and attach the top to your roof rack so it is bent way forward.

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 102" ss whip from radio shack?

yes, i have heard people with tahoe's and burbs have ok luck with 102's on the bumper. but I would suggest the wilson 1000 roofmount if you want to spend the cash, and it would probably work better than the 102 on the bumper in some ways

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had thought about the 102 on bumper but decided it would be too big and funny looking. the blue tahoe above has the wilson 1000. i also like this set up a lot. i plan to do a diesel bumper too and cab lights possibly so it would look good from the front. and i think id do dual 4fts? and just hook one up but where could i get the fender mounts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you so much for those links man. now should i go with 4ft or 3fts? i know stock radio one is like 2 1/2 feet. but id like to have springs on both sides too but dont want antennas stickin up so high

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think im going to go with a 3ft on drivers side for now. and eventualy do the other side too and hook it up to radio and get rid of stock antenna. should i get springs for them?