Cargo area flooring idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm personally thinking of going vinyl for mine. It's only 100bucks

i used vinyl plank in my embroidery shop - did it back in 2019. after 3 years the floor still looks awesome.

for guys considering using vinyl, the nice thing is it has a 'texture' and that would give a bit of 'grip' so stuff won't slide around much at all

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used vinyl plank in my embroidery shop - did it back in 2019. after 3 years the floor still looks awesome.

for guys considering using vinyl, the nice thing is it has a 'texture' and that would give a bit of 'grip' so stuff won't slide around much at all
My wife likes carpet so I'm gonna do vinyl flooring in the cargo area only. I'm keeping the carpet in the front . Hopefully it will look good and not to awkward lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you're wanting to keep the carpet but need a better surface for the cargo area, Masonite is good. A full sheet is 4x8 like plywood, the cargo area in a Burb is 4' wide by 5' long with second row up. Measure first before cutting; it's been a while since I made the piece for my Burb so my dimensions may be off a little bit. The other piece can be cut to cover the second row seat backs when they're down, to protect the carpet.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it!!!
I think the stainless strips between the boards like old truck beds would be slick but vinyl or even t&g wood planks would still match the truck.