Cargo area flooring idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to replace the rear carpet because of a large gash and it looks ugly.

I was thinking about the older suburbans and panel vans with wood floors. What do ya think about this in my suburban? I would add stainless strips and the sub box will be blue carpet. The flooring would be tucked under the trim pieces and look stock.

Attachments

• 5100014E-85C0-458F-B461-72B575B98FF3.jpeg
    5100014E-85C0-458F-B461-72B575B98FF3.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 20

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be slippery for whatever you put on it.

The old Suburbans and panels had plywood flooring but covered completely by a permanently attached black rubber mat. I've owned a few from the early to mid 60's and was amazed at how well those mats held up, even on a thoroughly thrashed truck.

Richard

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be slippery for whatever you put on it.

The old Suburbans and panels had plywood flooring but covered completely by a permanently attached black rubber mat. I've owned a few from the early to mid 60's and was amazed at how well those mats held up, even on a thoroughly thrashed truck.

Richard
Luggage or a trip to the store. It’s not a daily driver so items in the cargo area will be minimal.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since it would be a small space I could use expensive wood flooring and it would still would be cheap money wise.

From a theme standpoint, it would go with the steel wheels kinda old school look that it has.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since it would be a small space I could use expensive wood flooring and it would still would be cheap money wise.

From a theme standpoint, it would go with the steel wheels kinda old school look that it has.
Agreed to both. Do it right and it'll look killer. Some of the "stanced" import guys have wood trunk floors to cover the air ride set-up, I've seen it done really well.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed to both. Do it right and it'll look killer. Some of the "stanced" import guys have wood trunk floors to cover the air ride set-up, I've seen it done really well.
The guy I did the Mustang for a while ago is having a custom stereo done and they did a wood floor. He looked at me cross eyed when I told him I was going to swipe it and use it as a swim platform for my boat. lol Damn it if doesn't look like teak. It looks sharp but it doesn't fit the car.

I'm trying to picture a wood floor in the back of a Burb.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy I did the Mustang for a while ago is having a custom stereo done and they did a wood floor. He looked at me cross eyed when I told him I was going to swipe it and use it as a swim platform for my boat. lol Damn it if doesn't look like teak. It looks sharp but it doesn't fit the car.

I'm trying to picture a wood floor in the back of a Burb.
It's gonna all depend on how the wood (color and grain) flows with the rest of the materials and colors.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is one with blue/grey. Prob lean more towards a grey/white. It would match the truck better
You must be registered for see images attach