cant get 2-4 servo cover off!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k15 5.7l

Reaction score
I am in the process of doing a corvette servo to my 4l60e but I cant get the cover off for the life of me. I can get the clip off but after that I can not get the cover to budge at all in order to see the seal and cut it. Any advice on what to do?

Thanks
Greg

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to get a pick or small screw driver and pull the O ring off or youll never get the the cover off.

k15 5.7l

Reaction score
but shouldn't I be able to get enough play out of it to see the o ring? I can t even see it right now.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take some Pliers and turn it back and forth while puling on it. If it won't budge, leave the snap ring off, jack up the rear tires, and run it up to about 30 mph real fast then cut it off. It will pop out as soon as it shifts to second.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Take a hammer and gently drive it in, it will spring back out, keep tapping on it til you get it loose. it will move in about 1/2 inch or so with the clip still in it.

k15 5.7l

Reaction score
ok i am going to try these things this weekend. Was trying all weekend to wiggle it with pliers and no luck so i just put the clip back in and am now taking it to school and work. I cannot hammer it in to far can I?

Thanks
Greg

98_k1500

Reaction score
no it will hit a stop after it moves about 1/2 inch or so. just keep bumping on it, iv never had one that wouldn eventually turn loose. also penetrating oil is your friend here.

98_k1500

Reaction score
BTW- Corvette servo swap = money well spent. That was probably the best bang for the buck part that i put in my truck.