2-4 Servo cover, can I use a std O-ring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need an oring for my 4l60E's servo cover, thought I had one, was proven wrong. Don't want to wait a week for one to get here. Will a standard size O-ring fit? Or, is it something weird and special?

Also, pretty hacked with amazon lately. I think they got lazy when shipping was universally borked, and they've never really dialed their service / shipping times back up now that things are normal~ish again.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I was able to figure it out. A #236 o-ring is a perfect match. So if you ever find yourself in a bind like I did, visit a place that does heavy equipment or hydraulic repair and see if they'll sell you a couple.

Interesting note:
Amazon, Servo Oring for 4L60E is 9.82
Amazon, #236 Oring for 6.73, and it's an 8 pack. (84 cents each)

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but the dealership would take a week, and the nearest trans shop to me is 2 hours away, and has hours almost identical to my work hours. So I'd have to either wait a week or take a vacation day and spend half of it traveling for an o-ring.

It's not for every situation, but if you're in a bind, and can't get one from the normal sources, a #236 is an exact fit, that just might be accessible in a pinch.
Besides, I hate when I search a problem I'm having and find other people who have gone down the same path, but who never record their results. So I'm gonna try and pay it forward for the next person who gets jammed up.