Can’t decide which drop. 2/4,3/4 or 4/6.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Summit 2" shackles, and bell tech 2" spring mounts. Bell tech 2" upper shock relocator extenders, and will be buying lower shock relocator/extenders. Reason for that and drop spindles is i can use stock length shocks, and the extenders also relocate the shocks to a more upright position. I kept stock rear springs and installed polyurethane bushings. Reason for this is i use it as a truck, and wanted to keep it able to tow and haul stuff. Not sure how much useful load you get with de arched rear leaf springs

If yours is a long bed, you will end up modifying stuff to fit. See my posts w pix in the lowering stupid questions thread. Lots of good detailed tips to help you even if your modding a shortbox truck. Bell tech is nicely made stuff, but not plug n play, i found myself grinding **** to fit and enlarging holes. Check out my posts there. I am happy w the results, however i also had all the tools at my disposal to giterdun without having to run and buy extra tools to do the job.

I am a mechanic/fabricator by trade, so to me it wasnt a big deal, and i had what i needed to mod everything to work, plus i have been cutting on and modifying vehicles prob last 30 years or more. Easiest way by far to do this if your going to do front spring hangers is pull the bed off. Or at least lift it at the feont leaving the 2 rear bolts loosely installed. This gives you room to drill off the rivets, and get a wrench on the new bolts from the top.

Change your fuel pump while your at it, easier to get to with the bed off. And if cutting with anything making sparks, cover up your back window with paper masking tape, masking paper or something of that nature to protect the glass from hot sparks embedding metal into the glass.

Last edited:

chebbyfan

Reaction score
Its funny you say "fuel pump", lol. My gauge isn't working and I was planning to do just that when I get the parts all together to do this job. It seems like my list is just getting longer.......... I'm only thinking to lower since my whole front suspension needs rebuilt so I figured it'd be just as easy to do something now, while everything is apart. Thanks for the advice.

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend a 2-4 use drop spindles in the front so you can keep stock length shocks. Trim the lower control arms like the spindle kit says so your stock steel rim will fit if your keeping that underneath as a spare. When doing a 4" rear drop i recommend the upper shock relocators and lower shock relocators so you can still run a stock length shock in the rear. Your front spoiler looks about as long as a stock plastic air dam. I went 2-4 because i am not cutting my frame, and i use this truck for junkyard excursions. Place i go they let me drive in, up and down the rows, and i work off my tailgate. Wheels i am using are 15x7 with a 255 60 R15, and 15x8 with a 275 60 R15. Bottom pic is 2-2 drop weeks before i did the last of rear drop to make it 2-4. The 2-4 drop levels it out and gives an even gap between wheel well and tire front and rear. I like it. If i go any lower i wont have enough wheel and ground clearance for my bone yard excursions.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you have any issues with pinion angle in the rear with 4 rear drop