Can’t decide which drop. 2/4,3/4 or 4/6.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I have this 91 2wd that I’m going to lower. It was a kustom kreations truck and after I removed the ground effects it had on it it sits too high. I can’t decide what drop to go with. I kept the fiberglass front spoiler on and don’t want to be busting it on everything so I’m torn on what to do. The frame is mint and freshly painted and I’d hate to notch it but will if it will make the truck have a better stance. I want quality parts on this truck so any suggestions on what kit to go with will be appreciated. I’m also going to be upgrading brakes and going with 20 inch wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry...I'm late to the party. Just looked at the OP. I have one thing to say. Gotdamn that is a beautiful truck. That's all.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry...I'm late to the party. Just looked at the OP. I have one thing to say. Gotdamn that is a beautiful truck. That's all.

I have to second that ^

Also late to the party but was just thinking about making a post asking the the pro/con of lowering my 90 single cab 2wd and after reading all the info I think she’s going to stay at stock hight on the 15’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beautiful truck. I have to say I like the larger chrome side mirrors you had on in the old photo versus the smaller white sides you have currently. I had a 92 stepside SC that had the larger chrome mirrors and I always liked the look. I have a 96 stepside now with the small black side mirrors, and electric. Thinking of changing back to the larger chrome even though they're manual.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd recommend a 2-4 use drop spindles in the front so you can keep stock length shocks. Trim the lower control arms like the spindle kit says so your stock steel rim will fit if your keeping that underneath as a spare. When doing a 4" rear drop i recommend the upper shock relocators and lower shock relocators so you can still run a stock length shock in the rear. Your front spoiler looks about as long as a stock plastic air dam. I went 2-4 because i am not cutting my frame, and i use this truck for junkyard excursions. Place i go they let me drive in, up and down the rows, and i work off my tailgate. Wheels i am using are 15x7 with a 255 60 R15, and 15x8 with a 275 60 R15. Bottom pic is 2-2 drop weeks before i did the last of rear drop to make it 2-4. The 2-4 drop levels it out and gives an even gap between wheel well and tire front and rear. I like it. If i go any lower i wont have enough wheel and ground clearance for my bone yard excursions.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. Will post pic soon with the last of the 2-4 drop. Sets the rear down a little more lower. Kinda levels it out. Its got a hot rod look to me. Cant wait to get my cowl hood on.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm diggin the OPs truck. I like how he's keeping the graphics and wanting to keep it like his dad had it. Thats really cool.

chebbyfan

Reaction score
So Moparmat, did you use springs in the rear, or spring shackles and frame mounts? I see you said shock relocaters, but never did say how you dropped the rear? If I missed it, I apologize. Truck looks great both ways I think!!