Calling all wheel and tire pro's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,
It seems the norm here is to tuck the wheels in order to clear the drop. If I do not intend to drop the truck any more then the 2" shackles to level the truck, does anyone here have experience with as aggressive of wheel and tire combo as will fit? What I mean is, if I want to bring the profile out flush with the fender as you are looking down the side, I'd even consider a couple mm outside the fender. I want 20's front and rear and will consider staggered widths if necessary. Ideally I want a 30"+ diameter tire so that there is still a decent sidewall as well as filling up the fender gap since I'm not planning to lower the truck.

What is the widest 20" wheel and tire size combo with the correct offset and such to accomplish this?

Thanks for all your help,
Erin

Reaction score
a 305/40/20 will get you right around 30" tall and you can do a 12" wide rim with a 0 offset that will give you a 6" lip. It will sit nice and even with the fenders

Reaction score
Then do a 265/45/20 in the front. Same height but the rim would have to be around 10.5" wide. Stick to a 0 offset for a 5.25" lip

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then do a 265/45/20 in the front. Same height but the rim would have to be around 10.5" wide. Stick to a 0 offset for a 5.25" lip

Hey KingPin,
I've been able to source a 265/50/20 on a 9.5" rim with 0 offset, so I think I'm real close on the front. Do you have experience or seen this set up on the front and no clearance issues? Again, I don't plan to drop the truck from stock height in the front and would like it to sit real aggressive without sticking out like a 4x4.
The rear on the other hand, I'm not having much luck finding anything larger then 10" wide. Really don't want to go custom.
Thanks, Erin

Reaction score
Yeah guys run 265/50/20 on the 2wd's all the time with no issues. Theres no reason why you wouldnt be able to run the same on the rear. It will save you on tires in the future because you can rotate with no stagger issues. I always like the wide rear tire look on the truck personally. It just gives it that muscle look but its hard trying to find a 12" wide rim short of a Weld or Cragar racing rim and with those, you will never find it in a 20" diameter. My buddy is running 31x10.5's on his 2wd ex cab and actually wants to go bigger. These trucks have endless space in the fender wells.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, before I bagged mine, I was running a 20x8.5 wheel with 0 offset on 275/45r20 tires with a 2/4 drop and rubbed a lot up front, rear was fine. Just wanted to throw that out there just in case you ever want to lower it a little more later on.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
295-40/20's, on 10" wide, & 255-45/20's, on 8.5". The sidewall height is the same, front & rear. This with a 2/4 drop. As you can see, there's a lot of room with this combo.
My 275-60/15's rub the front lips a lot more than these did. Guess I should get in there & roll 'em!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Marcos & sewlow58 for the info and profile pics of the wheels. It looks like I'm going to just order some wheels and test fit them to see if it's what I'm looking for.