Cab Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would drill a smaller hole like 3/4 of an inch and trim off the rubber insert thaty pop's into the cab, and silicone right around the hole and call it a day, I have done this a couple of times before, no leak's and no problem.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have to be at least 1" since the socket on the factory harness measures .889 or so. When measuring that grommet on the bottom of the gasket it's like 1.40ish so I was thinking 11/4 would be ok, just wanted some other opinions...

I would like to keep that grommet piece since it looks like it would keep the wires from chafing on the edges of the holes as well as sealing it up.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would have to be at least 1" since the socket on the factory harness measures .889 or so. When measuring that grommet on the bottom of the gasket it's like 1.40ish so I was thinking 11/4 would be ok, just wanted some other opinions...

Yeah you are only talking about a 1/16th difference so I bet you would be fine.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I installed them originally (see the first page) I laid them out, drilled the screw holes and once they were set, put the gaskets over them to mark the large holes and drill them. IIRC they are set back from center.

That's what I figured. I'm just worried that getting one or the other off a little is going to cause a wrinkle in the gasket and a leak.

Any thoughts on the hole size?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok cool, I had it all laid out an ready to drill this morning an got called into work last night. Most of the cheap dollar store tape peeled off on the way in so I get to start all over :bawl:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I don't know if I could drill holes........but the OBS lights look kickass...need more pics with NBS lights though.

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
great write up helped me alot on my cab light install. i did mine a little more spaced out than stock
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach