Cab and Cargo Lamps Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a ‘99 cclb k3500. I’m having a few electrical problems that looking into it, wondering if they have any connection to each other. If not, still looking for advice or any secrets on the issues before I go on a wild goose chase.

The first issue at hand, are both my interior dome lights are out. My door switches still buzz and trigger my under dash lights, but no dome lights. I tried changing bulbs but that’s the extent of where I’ve gone with that.

Second issue, is the exterior cargo lamp on the back of my cab doesn’t work. I’ve changed bulbs and again, that’s the extent of where I have gone with that. The third brake light here is still working, which suprises me with the outer cargo lights not working. That’s where I wonder if the two issues may be related.

Again, looking for experiences with issues and where to look first. If the issues coincide or if I have two separate issues.

Thanks in advance.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got the same issue going on. With the exception of the map lights, none of the interior lights work. The cargo light doesn’t work either. The Passlock module has been removed, and I believe that is the cause of my issue. I hope to find a replacement this weekend in a junkyard.

I suspect the Passlock module failed and the previous owner just removed it. Truck was also equipped with auxiliary battery from the factory. I guess when things broke, previous owner just ripped it out. Lucky me, I’ve got to try to put it all back together again.