C3500 dually brake question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kicking the idea around to do 22 semi conversion on wife’s cclb dually. I know on front go with single rear wheel front rotors. But my question is will the calipers and pads still work with the other rotor setup?
Is the only difference the hub length?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go to parts listing first, just to see if caliper and or rotor are same part numbers. If they are that narrows down part of your adapt upgrade. If not you will have to dig deeper right from the start. Good luck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Kicking the idea around to do 22 semi conversion on wife’s cclb dually. I know on front go with single rear wheel front rotors. But my question is will the calipers and pads still work with the other rotor setup?
Is the only difference the hub length?

I think you have bigger calipers, and thicker rotors and pads..... that's the way it works on the 4x4s. According to Rockauto extended cabs also got the bigger brakes.... but not crew cabs. If you can't find thicker rotors for a SRW 2wd in trucks, look under the late GMT-400 based 3500 van....2002, I think. The heavier rotors are about a 1/4 inch thicker.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He's talking about converting the truck to the 22 inch wheels that semi tractors run.
To make the 22 fit. You have to change to the single rear wheel front rotors. I do know that. My concern was front calipers and pads. Are the calipers and pads the same as dual rear wheel rotors.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
To make the 22 fit. You have to change to the single rear wheel front rotors. I do know that. My concern was front calipers and pads. Are the calipers and pads the same as dual rear wheel rotors.

Why is there a clearance issue? I can't imagine not being able to fit any pickup brakes behind a 22" wheel.

The DRW calipers and pads are for a thicker rotor.