buying new chevy grill? keep eye out for this.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well....got my new grill and oem emblem.......so when you shop online for a grill look close!!! they are made with the emblem mount half missing....maybe some people are okay with this but i think it looks really bad....especially when you spend $98 on a new emblem!
this is a cheap ebay/ amazon grill.....but i started looking close after i got it and found almost all grills being sold with the right gm parts link number are made like this. so keep your eyes peeled....even lmc has this one.....only place i found right one is classic industries and its $366!
oem
You must be registered for see images attach

new

oem

new

oem

new

new in front

old in front

old

new

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's just how they are. That's why I'm making my busted stock grille work

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
That's not half as bed as the black grille I purchased off ebay. The emblem doesn't even sit in the recess like the OEM one. Very cheaply made. I ended up finding a nice junkyard OEM grille for $16 and rocking that instead.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. Pretty common knowledge, thanks for sharing though. Just FYI though, LMC and Classic Industries overcharge like hell for the OEM grilles. You can get them on GM Parts Direct for like $200, at least you could last time I checked.

EDIT - Holy crap did you really pay $98 for a new bowtie? That's robbery, man. I got mine brand new OEM on eBay for like $25. GM Parts Direct has them for around that, too.

DOUBLE EDIT - Here's the GM Parts Direct grille page for your '96. Looks like both the grille and the emblems have gone up a little, but still way cheaper than the other options. I swear the regular gold bowties used to be cheaper than the sport ones...

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...as-engine/body-cat/grille-and-components-scat

Last edited: