Burnout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to do reverse drops in my old man's 69 Dodge Coronet 440 in 71 (I was 17), blew the Torque Flight trans, lost 1st gear. It was a good thing he didn't know anything about automotive stuff. Although I did have to do some explaining when the speedometer got stuck at 100mph, LOL. No car for a Month!

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
An old fella on a muscle car board im on had a tag line in his signature that said something like if you cant blow the tires off at 50 mph your engine needs work. That's a ****** burnout.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An old fella on a muscle car board im on had a tag line in his signature that said something like if you cant blow the tires off at 50 mph your engine needs work. That's a ****** burnout.
Sounds like Grumpy.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lit mine up in the garage drunk one night. It was glorious. The dual rubber patches are still there after 4 years. :Caffeine:

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lit mine up in the garage drunk one night. It was glorious. The dual rubber patches are still there after 4 years. :Caffeine:

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

BigBadJohn

Reaction score
New on this forum but I’ve been on several different car forums in the past. This is kind of cheating but will help you do a burnout more easily if you really want to. I saw threads on a Camaro forum where people have added a normally open solenoid-operated valve right after the master cylinder going to their front brakes. They power it with a toggle switch and if they want to sit there and roast their tires they push the brake pedal down, flip the switch so the solenoid closes, locking the brake fluid pressure in the front calipers, and let their foot off the brakes. They’re then able to do a burnout without moving until they flip the switch back off. Some others that did this have done it and hid the toggle switch in a hard to see spot so they can leave their front brakes engaged while they’re at a restaurant, in a store, etc.