Burnout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We moved our son back from Wyotech in Laramie WY to Los Banos CA and went over the great divide on I80 (I think) in our new 03 Durango SLT Limited (4.7L) and his 69 Bug hooked on a tow bar behind us, best investment he ever made (the tow bar)! Best investment we ever made (him going to Wyotech), LOL! It had a couple hard pulls and didn't have half the power it had in CA.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your rear brakes are probably adjusted too tight. There is absolutely no reason why your truck can’t do a burnout. You don’t need to press the brake pedal through the floorboard. You just need enough pressure to keep the front brakes locked. You’re most likely locking up all four brakes.
Unless Yoir truck is a v6 running on 3 cylinders you can do a burn out

Why do you wanna do burn outs. You’ll just stress your drivetrain. Break stuff. Wait till you doing one and the truck catches traction and sends you in a ditch.

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your rpm should be above 1k with it floored, even with the rear wheels stopped. If your engine can't reach the proper TC stall speed there is something very wrong.
My Yukon with the g80 would chirp them some if you just mat it from a stop. It'd do a wimpy burnout with a brake stand. Wouldn't do either when I first got it, it was quite down on power.