Bumper gap!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aqua

Reaction score
Okay guys. Here is another question. I have a bumper with two pads painted bumper that leaves a gap between the tailgate and bumper. What's the correct single pad to buy. I got one but it didn't line up. Is there a particular one that can work for my bumper? Want the gap gone.

Also. Anyone want the pad i couldn't use? It's yours DM me. I believe it only fits chrome bumpers.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's the "work truck" bumper. There is no single pad that fits it, just the flat dual pads you have now. The single pad design with the lip that bridges the gap between tailgate and bumper is for what you've already discovered, the chrome bumper.

Richard

Aqua

Reaction score
That's the "work truck" bumper. There is no single pad that fits it, just the flat dual pads you have now. The single pad design with the lip that bridges the gap between tailgate and bumper is for what you've already discovered, the chrome bumper.

Richard
Bummer. Does the chrome bumper fit or does it need different brackets?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The factory chrome bumper will fit.
Yep. Per OP's question it will bolt right up, same brackets, so you could even score a rear bumper off a GMT400 Suburban / Tahoe / Blazer/ Yukon. Those bolt directly to the frame rails on the SUV's and have different outer brackets, but the bumper itself is the same, so it just helps widen your search choices in the boneyards.

Richard