Building inner fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
man im right there with ya. i wanna cut mine out so bad BUT i got alot to relocate... hell you got it easy!
freakin vortecs got everything in the way! this is the best vortec ive seen and would really like to copy this guys layout!

You must be registered for see images attach

before and after the guy cleaned up the layout. after made a huge difference!

hell yours should be a breeze. my trucks my daily so i got ALOT to do. overflow/washer box/computer/abs/fuse box. hell im dreading it already but i really hate laying on inner fenders! i wanna be able to destroy my front valance.LOL right now i can barely make it touch the pavement. :( when i do mine ill probably have to take time off work.
as to the battery from what ive heard just move it up towards the radsupport alittle more and just add another brace. looks fairly simple. im not sure if i wanna relocate my batteries or not.

im also looking for like some rubber mat material so i could line the trailer fenders and put straight down to the frame rails to keep the engine bay as clean as posible like stock sealed off. so far i havent seen any material yet.

Yeah that cleaned up nice!

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
man im right there with ya. i wanna cut mine out so bad BUT i got alot to relocate... hell you got it easy!
freakin vortecs got everything in the way! this is the best vortec ive seen and would really like to copy this guys layout!

before and after the guy cleaned up the layout. after made a huge difference!

hell yours should be a breeze. my trucks my daily so i got ALOT to do. overflow/washer box/computer/abs/fuse box. hell im dreading it already but i really hate laying on inner fenders! i wanna be able to destroy my front valance.LOL right now i can barely make it touch the pavement. :( when i do mine ill probably have to take time off work.
as to the battery from what ive heard just move it up towards the radsupport alittle more and just add another brace. looks fairly simple. im not sure if i wanna relocate my batteries or not.

im also looking for like some rubber mat material so i could line the trailer fenders and put straight down to the frame rails to keep the engine bay as clean as posible like stock sealed off. so far i havent seen any material yet.

that bottom pic looks awsome , changing spark plugs is gonna be a ***** but thats a price I'd be willing to pay .

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind also, for those of you like myself that don't like a hood prop and want to use gas strut's, don't raise the inner's so high that they won't clear the strut's when the hood is closed.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ill help ya get down on your fenders........if you let me use that booth for a night lol

dont you have your truck in a booth already.lol
i got to do alot of planning before i start cutting anything. first thing i need is some intake tubes and such to delete stock airbox and tuck nicely, new tube overflow tank, most important super wide trailer fenders. im looking at these right now for a real good fit, super wide and priced alright to. the thin ones at tractor supply has locally is the same price :(
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/Redline/F13X36-1R.html
i wish they had the tandom fenders but i only see single wheel fenders. :( but best fit i can find so far for decent price so far! if anybody has some better ones priced right PLEASE POST LINK!

i really want mine to be clean and i also want to keep everything i can functional. it is daily driver so i really need everything.lol

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind also, for those of you like myself that don't like a hood prop and want to use gas strut's, don't raise the inner's so high that they won't clear the strut's when the hood is closed.

got any pics of how yours is for gas shocks? i like the concept since you loose factory springs. id prefer gas shocks over prop.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
dont you have your truck in a booth already.lol
i got to do alot of planning before i start cutting anything. first thing i need is some intake tubes and such to delete stock airbox and tuck nicely, new tube overflow tank, most important super wide trailer fenders. im looking at these right now for a real good fit, super wide and priced alright to. the thin ones at tractor supply has locally is the same price :(
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/Redline/F13X36-1R.html
i wish they had the tandom fenders but i only see single wheel fenders. :( but best fit i can find so far for decent price so far! if anybody has some better ones priced right PLEASE POST LINK!

i really want mine to be clean and i also want to keep everything i can functional. it is daily driver so i really need everything.lol

I feel ya on the daily driver part. Mine is my one and only vehicle so all my major miss have had to be well planed and plenty of beer for my buddies helping lol.