Building inner fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I am about to start on my inner fender build real soon using a sheet metal back to cover all the factory holes on the fenders and use the tandem fenders. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this a semi easy/quick project? I would prob need to knock it out in a day if its possible since this is my daily and I will have to do the work at a friends house because I live in an apartment:nono:

This is kinda what I am going for.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Example of how the sheet metal back would work.

This is what I really want.

Heres my engine bay. The over flow has been removed for a billet one, no washer tank to worry about, I am gonna yank the ABS module even though I don't think it will be an issue. Only thing that might be a problem is the battery I think.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I love em like that its how I wanna done on mine! So figure out the easy way so you can gimme pointers haha

BOUDREAUX

Reaction score
hell yeah its gonna be real nice.. tubbed mine wasn`t bad at all.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I love em like that its how I wanna done on mine! So figure out the easy way so you can gimme pointers haha

I'm gonna try to take a ton of pics when I start building them to kinda help the other people in this situation. The only real info or instruction out there is "cut it til fits and weld it in" :nono:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Another question, if I wanted to pull the fenders off to put on em do I have to take the core support loose or will the fender just unbolt and kinda slip out?

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i'd like to take my inner wheel well out. however, i don't know how much that will mess with the structural integrity

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well first I take and and cut off and rib's or protrussion's that stick out of the fender so that your plate will sit totally flat against the fender, then I make a carboard template of the area, transfer that to some sheetmetal, cut it out and weld it on to the fender, then position your new inner up where you want and tack it in place, then pull the whole fender off and weld them up. I have done them in an afternoon, it should be totally doable.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Well first I take and and cut off and rib's or protrussion's that stick out of the fender so that your plate will sit totally flat against the fender, then I make a carboard template of the area, transfer that to some sheetmetal, cut it out and weld it on to the fender, then position your new inner up where you want and tack it in place, then pull the whole fender off and weld them up. I have done them in an afternoon, it should be totally doable.

Hmm, sounds like you have a lot left to do on my truck. I have the trailer fenders. I just need em put in :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought of Using Street signs for mine since there easy to get. Lol I need to do something soon

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score

you make it sound to easy lol